Remember when I celebrated my blog's 2nd birthday by totally botching its upgrade back in March?
The good news is that switching my site to a new platform seems to have utterly stymied the Eastern European hackers who used to plague it. The bad news is that it's also stymied me.
But! Progress is being made. Mind-numbingly slowly, but progress nonetheless. I need to reformat each old post individually (why was I so prolific early on?!) and there have been a number of unforeseen obstacles along the way, but the end is finally in sight and I hope to have the entire collection squared away within a week or so.
In the meantime, everything from mid-2013 to the present is pretty much good to go, and this seems as good a time as any to point out where the features you knew & loved (or were oblivious to) on the old site are now. Basically, look up: everything can be found in those neatly arranged tabs running along the top of the page.
- The INFORMATION tab includes information about The League, answers to frequently asked questions, and a technologically advanced way to contact me.
- The ARCHIVES page allows you to browse old posts by date or category.
- The twelve most viewed posts are gathered together for easy access under POPULAR POSTS.
- The League's social media offerings are viewable on the TWEETS & MORE page. As a reminder, you can follow The League on Twitter and/or "like" it on Facebook for direct access to Tweets, post announcements, and the occasional extra something.
- Never miss a new post again! Those who wish to follow The League by feed reader or e-mail should head on over to the SUBSCRIBE page. If you were subscribed to the old site's RSS feed, you probably need to update your settings. (Though if you subscribed to the old site's feed, you're probably not reading this, since I gave you no warning of the switch...my bad. One of many oversights.)
- As you may have guessed, you can get straight to the League Store via the STORE tab. The number of offerings continues to expand, and specific requests are always welcome.
- Last but not least, there's a super handy SEARCH feature in the upper right corner to help you find specific posts, either by title or keyword. Yay!
So, explore away! Generally speaking, the updated site should be much easier to navigate...especially once I'm done fixing it. Stay tuned.